It is the policy of IAS to admit students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, and to provide to them all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available at the school. IAS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national and/or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid, personnel policies or other school administered programs.
IAS serves families who will benefit from as well as contribute to the overall well being of the school. The student body includes children of missionaries, diplomats, international and local business people and representatives of other international organizations. Local parents may enrolll their children if they desire a North American-style education.
IAS courses are taught in English; the school is not established as a place to learn English for eventual expatriation. Students applying for acceptance at IAS must demonstrate a certain level of proficiency in English. IAS understands that some students, whose parents fit the above categories for qualification, may not yet be fluent in English. In these cases, the school accepts a limited number of students whose English is not yet adequate. (See: English Proficiency Policy, and Grading and Special Students in the Student Parent Handbook).
- Complete the application form (or contact email@example.com for a hard copy and bring it to the school office)
- Pay a USD $100.00 non–refundable application fee
- Provide documentation of student’s age
- Provide transcripts and records (translated to English) from the last school attended
- Bring your child(ren) to IAS for testing when requested
Once the school has issued an invitation to enrolll, parents of enrolllees must:
- Make an appointment with the admissions office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign the necessary permissions, emergency contact, and tuition agreement forms.
- Provide proof of adequate medical insurance for your children.
- Pay a one-time School Improvement fee of USD $3,500.00 per family, to officially hold a place for your child(ren) at IAS.
Grade placement of students will be determined by age, by previous performance, and by performance on IAS standardized achievement tests.
Schedule of Acceptance
Inquiries are welcome at any time, and applications for enrollment are accepted throughout the school year. Students who are re-enrollling are given first priority in March when enrollment opens for the next school year. New applicants are considered according to priority and space available.